Thank you for your interest in employment at Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications. When we have a job opportunity, it will be posted below under the Job Opportunities header.
To apply, download the PSREC/PST Standard Application for Employment (PDF). Print and fill out the form to submit with your résumé. Or you may pick up the application at our business office in Portola.
Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative (PSREC), located in Portola, California, is a member-owned electric distribution utility providing electrical power and related services to more than 7,700 member/owners in Plumas, Lassen, and Sierra counties in California and portions of Washoe County in Nevada. We are a true cooperative, controlled by the membership through an elected seven-person board of directors.
Telecommunication services are offered through our wholly owned subsidiary, Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications.
Our goal is to provide services with a high level of reliability for fair and reasonable costs. We are also dedicated to improving the quality of life of our member-owners, customers, and our local communities.
The working conditions are the best of both worlds. We offer excellent benefits including generous vacation and sick leave, competitive pension, and 401k, while also allowing for personal growth and career advancement. We have a progressive work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage community involvement.
Plumas County is part of the Lost Sierra, the northern part of the Sierra Nevada—it has all the beauty of the Sierra Nevada, while being uncrowded, affordable, and offering great quality of life.
With year-round activities, this is a great place for individuals and families of all ages. Lake Tahoe is a short drive away. We are also close to Reno, with its expanding tech presence and a growing arts and recreation scene.
The area offers limitless outdoor recreational activities including golfing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, cycling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, fishing, hunting and is an hour away from various world class skiing destinations and only minutes from multiple lakes and rivers.
Plumas Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative is seeking a full-time Controller. This position is responsible for the accounting operations and controls of the utility and its subsidiary, Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications.
Job tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare financial statements and analysis, including projections, in a timely manner
- Prepare/submit regulatory and tax reports/filings as required
- Manage accounting records
- Prepare information for and work with outside auditors
- Performs grant-related functions, including budget and expense analysis, periodic invoicing, financial reporting. Performs grant closeout functions including financial status reports and final reporting.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets, including revenue forecasts
- Establish, monitor and enforce internal controls
- Support and work closely with the CFO
- Oversee a staff of two employees, including annual evaluations
- Manage accounts payable, accounts receivable, work orders (capital projects), and the capital credit process
- Present information to the board of directors as requested by the CEO or CFO
Knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics:
- Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge of financial operations, laws, and terminology
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel
- Ability to design, analyze, and prepare business forecasts and financial reports
- Ability to monitor expenditures and maintain data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to supervise and delegate to others
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- CPA/MBA preferred
- Previous experience of 3-5+ years in an accounting management position.
- Previous utility experience preferred.
This position is being fielded through Robert Half Finance and Accounting. For more information or to apply email Katie Weigel at firstname.lastname@example.org
PSREC & Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications are equal opportunity providers and employers.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. You may also find the form at any USDA office or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Alternately, you may write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by email to email@example.com, by fax to (202) 690-7442, or by mail to:
Director, Office of Adjudication
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410