Thank you for your interest in employment at Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications. When we have a job opportunity, it will be posted below under the Job Opportunities header.
To apply, download the PSREC/PST Standard Application for Employment (PDF). Print and fill out the form to submit with your résumé. Or you may pick up the application at our business office in Portola.
PSREC/PST currently has an opening for an Executive Assistant. The open positions is: full-time based in Portola, CA.
Executive Assistant to the General Manager’s Office
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s General Manager, senior-level managers, and board of directors.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include reviewing/preparing correspondence, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports and project tracking/management. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our co-op by providing personalized and timely support to executive members and the board of directors.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, board of directors, employees, and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Project tracking and some project management for General Manager’s office
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Track expenses and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Communicate efficiently and respectfully with our members, customers and employees to cooperatively solve interpersonal and service problems internally and externally
- Act as back up benefits administrator and assist with some human resource situations
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Assists in regulatory compliance such as NERC/WECC and other regulatory and government reporting
- Protect confidential information
- Utilize iVue software
- Serve on-call as needed
- Provide notary services internally and to members of PSREC (must have this or be able to obtain it)
- Manages insurance and maintains certificate compliance from vendors/contractors
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- High School degree
- PA diploma or certification is a plus
Salary Range: $70,000 to $116,000 DOE
Application Deadline: Friday, September 29, 2023 (Open until filled)
How to Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter and completed PSREC Application for Employment (application can be downloaded online at http://www.psrec.coop/employment) to:
By email: email@example.com
By Mail: Plumas Sierra REC
Attn: Human Resources
73233 State Route 70
Portola, CA 96122
PSREC & Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications are equal opportunity providers and employers.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form. You may also find the form at any USDA office or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. Alternately, you may write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (202) 690-7442, or by mail to:
Director, Office of Adjudication
U.S. Department of Agriculture
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Plumas-Sierra Rural Electric Cooperative (PSREC), located in Portola, California, is a member-owned electric distribution utility providing electrical power and related services to more than 7,700 member/owners in Plumas, Lassen, and Sierra counties in California and portions of Washoe County in Nevada. We are a true cooperative, controlled by the membership through an elected seven-person board of directors.
Telecommunication services are offered through our wholly owned subsidiary, Plumas-Sierra Telecommunications.
Our goal is to provide services with a high level of reliability for fair and reasonable costs. We are also dedicated to improving the quality of life of our member-owners, customers, and our local communities.
The working conditions are the best of both worlds. We offer excellent benefits including generous vacation and sick leave, competitive pension, and 401k, while also allowing for personal growth and career advancement. We have a progressive work environment and a diverse workforce. We encourage community involvement.
Plumas County is part of the Lost Sierra, the northern part of the Sierra Nevada—it has all the beauty of the Sierra Nevada, while being uncrowded, affordable, and offering great quality of life.
With year-round activities, this is a great place for individuals and families of all ages. Lake Tahoe is a short drive away. We are also close to Reno, with its expanding tech presence and a growing arts and recreation scene.
The area offers limitless outdoor recreational activities including golfing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, cycling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, fishing, hunting and is an hour away from various world class skiing destinations and only minutes from multiple lakes and rivers.